Team Member Application
As a Yaya Tea Garden Team member, you will be responsible for working in accordance with Yaya’s guiding principles and contribute to the Yaya Experience for our customers by providing
😃 Outstanding customer service with prompt service,
👍 quality beverages and products
✨ maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations include but are not limited:
- Maintains efficient, friendly service in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledgeable and able to describe menu items to customers, offer suggestions based on customer preferences and look for opportunities to upsell products.
- Operates a cash register, receives and processes payment from customers, accurately counts and provides change to customers as required, and follows all customer service and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Follows operational policies and procedures, including those for safety and security, to ensure the safety of all team members during each shift.
- Prepare and serve hot or cold beverages, such as Shaken Iced Teas, Honey Teas, Milk Teas, or Coffees
- Serve and expedite prepared foods, such as riceballs, appetizers, rice and noodles, as needed
- Self motivated and takes initiative to maintain the appearance and inventory of the store.
- Works well as a team player in a cooperative, efficient manner
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep the store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the team.
- Maintain a clean and organized counter space to expedite orders to customers
- Clean and sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment
- Cleans and stocks customer areas, retail displays, and bar inventory shelves.
- Reports low stock needs to the manager.
- Take out the garbage and assist with other store maintenance and cleaning tasks as needed
- Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations. Reports all customer complaints to the manager.
- Report potential safety hazards or any operational inconsistencies to the manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adaptive to different situations
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions & request clarification as needed
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to take initiative and find work to do during downtime
- Standing and walking for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Regular/frequent computer/POS Register and bar equipment usage
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 40 lbs
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around bar and kitchen area
- Occasional distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavorsand/or odors